If you are married, have children or family (parents, siblings, etc.) that you care about deeply and they rely on you financially, then you need life, critical illness and disability cover. Your family will suffer financially in the absence of your income.
- You should care because you never know when life will throw you are curveball, in the form of illness, disability or death.
- You should care because you work so that you can provide for your family and their needs.
- You should care because you don’t want to leave your family destitute and in debt.
- You should care because you don’t want to be known as the person who did nothing, when you could have done something.
- You should care because you want to leave a legacy for your family.
- You should care because it makes financial sense – life insurance is a financial asset.
- You should care because if you are passionate about a specific charity or worthy cause, you can donate to them with the proceeds of your life cover.
- You should care because you can’ put a price on peace of mind.
Suze Orman once said: “If you have people that depend on your income, you need life cover.” No amount of money can ever replace a person or their ability, but having life cover can help to protect you and your family against life’s uncertainties.